Monday, March 14, 2011

Photo Comments from Friends

A bunch of our friends commented.....

WOW, that place is going to be gorgeous!!!!!!!!!!! Congrats!

OMG – you two are so brave………all that work would be to much for me……….please share the finish product………Pat

Stephen - I like it! It is quite charming - you have a good eye! And of course more of it's personality will be revealed after you're done - which will be in a couple of months, right?? Not too much to do :) I do hope you'll keep the 1920's picture on the wall of the speak easy of the customers arriving - very cool!!

I kind of miss living on Beacon Hill- it was fun. Congratulations! Looks like it’s going to be a beautiful home!

It looks like you might have a few weekends spoken for in the coming year. But a neat old house with lots of character.

There are some seriously charming aspects of your new house! I hope you plan to preserve the murals, among other things! Personally, I think maybe you can let go of some of the paneling….and the front stairs are scary!

Thanks for sharing the photos, Evan. I think I've got a real feeling for the place. I love that period, that style of house. So many of the windows have leaded glass and the fireplace is charming. I wonder if there are colored tiles under the coat of paint. There's a green that would have been somewhat common back then. I'm toying with the idea of adding some reproduction tiles to our fireplace to kick it up a notch. There's a ton work to be done here but I have complete confidence that Steve and Vivian can handle it with a little help from their friends. I wish I lived close enough to swing a hammer for the cause now and then. I think the ceiling fixtures alone cover the cost of the house especially when one throws in the basement bar complete with art!

I love the brick and rose bushes and the floors!!!! Very nice

No comments:

Post a Comment